Create a New Note
- How are Romesh's and Kathy's methods the same? How are they different?
- How do Romesh's and Kathy's strategies compare to yours?
- Kathy shared another large chocolate chip cookie. She cut the cookie into sixths. She gave Rosa of the cookie and ate herself. Kathy wants to know how much of the cookie they ate altogether.
- Use fraction circle pieces to model the problem.
- How much of the cookie did they eat altogether? Show how you solved the problem.
- Write a number sentence that matches your solution.
- Was your strategy more like Romesh's solution or Kathy's solution to Question 1?
Romesh and Kathy model the cookie problem with circle pieces this way: