Create a New Note
- Blanca and Lin bought one sandwich at the deli. Blanca ate of the sandwich and Lin ate of it.
- Did the girls eat close to a half or close to the whole sandwich?
- Model the problem with circle pieces to find out how much of the whole sandwich the two girls ate. Write a number sentence.
- Is your answer reasonable? How do you know?
- What single color circle piece can you use to solve the problem?
- How much of the sandwich was left? Show how you know.
- Blanca and Lin's deli sandwich was made with the following ingredients: pound of turkey
- Estimate the weight of the sandwich. Choose one.
- About pound
- Less than 1 pound
- More than 1 pound
- How much does the deli sandwich weigh?
- Lin and Blanca also bought a 1-pound container of potato salad. Blanca ate pound of the salad and Lin ate pound.
- How much of the salad did the girls eat?
- How much potato salad is left?
- Could the girls have bought a -pound container rather than the pound container of potato salad? Explain your thinking.
pound of cheese
pound of mustard and onions
pound of bread