Create a New Note
- Brandon saved of his babysitting earnings in his piggy bank.
- What fraction of his earnings did he have left to spend?
- Brandon spent of his earnings on baseball cards. Does he have close to nothing left or close to of his earnings left?
- Use circle pieces or rename as tenths to find the exact fraction of Brandon's earnings that are left.
- Shannon said, “I spent of my allowance at the book store, of my allowance on a gift, and I saved the rest.”
- How much of her allowance did she spend?
- How much of her allowance did she save?
- Shannon's mother spends of her monthly salary on rent (which includes heat). Groceries for the month and her car payment add up to about of her salary.
- Do all these bills account for about of her salary, more than of her salary, or all of her salary (1 whole salary)?
- What fraction of her salary is spent after paying for rent, groceries, and her car?
- Anna and Grace received the same amount of money as birthday gifts. Each spent her money at the mall.
- How much of her gifts did each girl spend?
- How much does each girl have left?
- Who spent more money?
- What is the difference between what each girl spent?
- Grace wants to buy a pin for her mother that is worth of her birthday gift. Does she have enough money left to buy it?
- Anna decides to give some of her money to Grace to pay for the pin. Do Anna and Grace have enough money? Explain your thinking.