Create a New Note
LESSON 7 Workshop: Fraction Concepts
Carla and Michael are playing Fraction Fill.
- What fractions are represented in each circle on the game board?
- Circle A
- Circle B
- Circle C
- Michael spins . Write a number sentence to show how he can represent with fraction circle pieces.
- Show a different way to represent with circle pieces using two or more different colors. Write a number sentence that matches this representation.
- Carla says, “I think = because 4 is one less than 5 and 5 is one less than 6.” Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- The eighths circle looks like this and Michael
spins . “Now I have eleven eighths.”
- Write eleven-eighths as an improper fraction.
- Write eleven-eighths as a mixed number.
- Which point shows eleven-eighths on the number line?