Create a New Note
The girls compared the soccer data. They still didn't know if soccer was more popular in Lee Yah's class or more popular in Janet's class. They decided that comparing fractions with unlike denominators requires some thought.
- Compare to . Which do you think is greater?
Decimals with Circle Pieces
Use fraction circle pieces to solve and model each problem. The red circle is the unit whole.
- Shannon and Jessie were using fraction circle pieces to model and compare fractions.
- Who is showing the larger fraction, Jessie or Shannon? How do you know?
- Name the fraction that Jessie is showing. Write a common and decimal fraction.
- Name the fraction that Shannon is showing. Write a common and decimal fraction.
- Show or tell how to use decimals to compare the fractions Jessie and Shannon are showing.