Create a New Note
John's Super Ball Experiment
Check-In: Questions 17–21
John repeated his experiment using a super ball. Below is a graph of his data.
- Predict how high the super ball would bounce if it is dropped from a height of 60 cm.
- From what height should John drop the ball if he wants the ball to bounce 75 cm? Write your solution as a ratio.
- Are the variables drop height (D) and bounce height (B) in proportion? How do you know?
- Predict how high the ball will bounce if it is dropped from a height of D = 240 cm.
- Use John's Method to solve the problem and write a proportion. (Hint: = )
- Use Felicia's Method to solve the problem.
- Predict how high the ball will bounce if it is dropped from D = 150 cm. Explain your reasoning.