Create a New Note
- An object has a mass of 48 g and a volume of 8 cc.
- Express its density as a ratio of mass to volume.
- An object made of the same material has a volume of 16 cc. What is its mass?
- An object made of the same material has a mass of 300 g. What is its volume?
- A material has a density, , of . Balls of different sizes are made from this material. The masses of the balls are listed below. Find the volumes.
- 20 g
- 36 g
- 8 g
- 2 g
- 100 g
- 60 g
- Here is the mass vs. volume graph of an unknown material.
- What is the mass of 28 cc of this material? Did you interpolate or extrapolate to find your answer?
- What is the volume of 40 g of this material? Did you interpolate or extrapolate to find your answer?
- A piece of the unknown material represented in the graph has a mass of M = 200 g. Find its volume. (Hint: Since the numbers are too big to be on the graph, the problem can't be solved by reading the graph directly.)